Family Fun and Fishing – Join SGFC Today!
Sydney Game Fishing Club is a family orientated club. We hold social functions where the whole family can enjoy the fantastic club facilities.
SGFC holds club meetings at 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of each month at our Watsons Bay clubhouse and invites prospective new members to come along and introduce themselves on the night.
SGFC encourages membership from new entrants to the game fishing world. We are passionate about game fishing and would love to see you join us at the club. Our experienced and knowledgeable members are more than happy to share information and advice. We run special informational evenings on bait rigging, lure rigging, game fishing techniques and more.
Membership is presently around 400, with some 80 or so boats of varying sizes between 17′ and 76′ being registered with the club.
SGFC membership benefits include:
- A beautiful clubhouse right on the beach at Watsons Bay, the perfect place to relax with your family while your boat is moored at the club.
- Membership of a NSW Game Fishing Association Central Zone club, allowing you to enter all Central Zone fishing competitions and the annual NSW Interclub Competition at Port Stephens.
- Opportunities to socialise with club members and share your fishing experiences.
- Informational evenings for all members, keeping you up to date on fishing skills and techniques.
- Regular social events for all the family, including kids fishing days.
- Membership of a club with a 60 year heritage in game fishing, winners of Champion Club trophies for Tag & Release in NSW and also the whole of Australia.
Family memberships are welcome
To apply for club membership, download and complete the membership form. Ensure someone in the club has seconded (signed) the form, then post or email to the club with payment.
To renew club membership, download and complete the membership renewal form, then post or email to the club with payment.
To register your boat with the club, download and complete the boat registration form and post or email to the club. Please make sure your safety equipment is up to date and all your radios are in good working order before heading out to sea.