Legendary lure maker Peter Pakula will be at the Sydney Game Fishing Club located on the Watsons Bay ferry wharf, Watsons Bay, on the 9th. November. Starting at 7:30 pm he will be there to answer all your questions about lures and their use as well as to update us on techniques and technology…
The Annual Peter Goadby Memorial Tournament presented by Little Audrey Charters and hosted by the Sydney Game Fishing Club over the 28th and 29th April 2018 out of their iconic game fishing club at Watsons Bay on Sydney Harbour.
Despite average weather conditions the fishing was on point with tags and captures of blue and striped marlin, big yellowfin tuna, spearfish, sharks and even the odd dolphin fish being recorded.
Over the two days of fishing the fleet of thirty boats raised a total of 104 fish, with 76 being fought and 29 being tagged or captured. The fish weren’t small either with multiple yellowfin over 150lbs being taken, as well as a number of blues in excess of 350lb.
Congratulations to Elly Offord fishing in the Junior (female) category on board Cookie, skippered by Murray Offord, who caught a 372lb blue marlin on 130lb tackle and to Ron Kovacs fishing in the Male category onboard Ambition, skippered by Ivan Bennet, who caught a 744lb blue marlin on 50lb tackle. Both of these fish are pending Australian and New South Wales records and are a testament to the quality of fish that can be found off Sydney each year in April.
Sydney Game Fishing Club would like extend a warm thank you to all those who entered the tournament and have supported the event. The club would also like to thank the many sponsors who made the event possible, in particular our major tournament sponsors – Little Audrey Charters, IBW Constructions, Furuno Electronics, Great Norther Brewing Co, Sylvania Marina and Tonic Eyewear.
SGFC is proud to announce the 2018 Peter Goadby Memorial Tournament sponsored by Little Audrey will be held on Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th April 2018.
This year in addition to all the normal prizes and trophies we have a new Calcutta style competition for the heaviest marlin over 150kg, entry into this competition is $500 per boat with the winner taking 90% of the total pool (remaining 10% to the Club). Conditions apply.
Check back soon for full details of all prizes.
Prizes and Trophies – Tag & Release
1. Champion Boat T&R
2. Runner-Up Boat T&R
3. Third Place Boat T&R
4. Fourth Place Boat T&R
5. Champion Boat Under 8 Meters T&R
6. Champion Adult Lady Angler T&R
7. Champion Junior Angler T&R
8. Champion Small Fry Angler T&R
Prizes and Trophies – Capture
1. Champion Boat Capture
2. Runner-Up Boat Capture
3. Heaviest Marlin over 150kg
4. Heaviest Shark over 250kg
5. Heaviest Tuna over 40kg
6. Champion Adult Lady Angler Capture
7. Champion Junior Angler Capture
8. Champion Small Fry Angler Capture